[Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Oct 3 16:34:36 EDT 2015

Stephen Pereira wrote:
><snip>
> I have been able to type in a small variety of my programs in BASIC and get them to run under BASIC09.
>
> But…  What if I have a significant size source code file in assembler or BASIC?  I do not want to type it all in again!
>
><snip>

Stephen,

I'm not sure which of two things is giving you problems, typing or file
transfer.
If your main problem is that you have source code on a PC which is in
some type of text format, but don't want to re-type that into your Coco
or Coco emulator, there is a simple solution. The MESS emulator will
Paste any text Copied from a PC file.
If your problem is how to transfer a file from a Disk Basic disk to an
OS-9/NitrOS-9 disk, there are simple solutions for that as well. 1) I
have an OS-9 program that can access Disk Basic disks and make such
transfers. Let me know if you want it. 2) You could use the MESS tools
imgtool or wimgtool to Extract a file from a Disk Basic disk image
(.dsk) and then Import the file onto an OS-9/NitrOS-9 disk image (.os9).
The are similar Toolshed utilities for transferring files. Once that
transfer is made, you can use Drivewire to mount the disk and read it
from a real Coco or use other PC utilities to create a real floppy from
the image.

Robert