[Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Oct 3 16:35:05 EDT 2015

Go here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/toolshed/files/ToolShed/ToolShed%202.1/
and download the latest version of Toolshed.  I use toolshed in a Win32
environment along with drivewire.  The os9 and decb tools will let you
manipulate files residing in drivewire disk images.  So, if you have a
source file residing on DECB disk image you can read it in to the PC
environment and/or copy it over to the OS9 environment with these
tools.  They are a bit cryptic so if you don't understand after reading
the documentation check in and someone can help you.

Dave

On 10/3/2015 2:24 PM, Stephen Pereira wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am having a blast experimenting with my CoCo3FPGA.  Since I now have a beautiful VGA display that displays 80 character lines clearly, I have been able to renew my experiments with NitrOS-9.
>
> I can boot and run NitrOS-9.  I have installed BASIC09.  I have tried a variety of applications for OS-9, but most (if not all) do not seem to work.  I am chalking this up to CoCo3FPGA running Drivewire, and the applications seem to really want real disk drives.
>
> I have been able to type in a small variety of my programs in BASIC and get them to run under BASIC09.
>
> But…  What if I have a significant size source code file in assembler or BASIC?  I do not want to type it all in again!
>
> For example, I have the Talbot Microsystems source code for Color Forth.  I typed this all in by hand, and I worked with it in Robert Gault’s EDTASM6309, under DECB.  What if I want to get this large source code file into NitrOS-9?
>
> On other vintage computer systems I have, I can use Kermit, or a home-grown program called PCGET, to transfer files from my external laptop PC that I am using as a terminal.  What tool(s) does one use to perform this same operation under NitrOS-9?
>
> My primary goal would be to move large source code files (ASCII files) into NitrOS-9, so I can then use the assembler, or use them in BASIC09.
>
> Thanks for listening and letting me know what you do.
>
> smp
> --
> Stephen M. Pereira
> Bedford, NH  03110