[Coco] Rainbow Magazines

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Tue May 26 21:24:19 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tormod Volden
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Rainbow Magazines

> For international tracking, look for the 13-character tracking
> "number", starting with 2 letters and ending with your 2-letter
> country code: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S10_%28UPU_standard%29
>
> I have bought stuff from US over eBay with a shipping cost of $12.95
> (USPS of course) and it had tracking all the way. So it is definitely
> possible.
>
>> reason it can't be tracked anywhere. In fact I should be able to get a
>> live
>> satellite (or drone) feed on my cell phone of the dude actually
>> delivering
>> the package.
>
> The drone would deliver the package itself, right :) There was a
> marketing stunt about this some time back.
>
> Tormod
>
> --

Hehehe... I think it was Amazon who said they were going to do delivery by
drone. Google wants cars driving themselves all over and Amazon wants to
create clouds of delivery drones cruising the skies. I don't know if these
guys are trying to build Skynet or not, but they just might end up doing it.
Suddenly in the future, Amazon's feedback system is full of reports of the
delivery drones trying to terminate the customers and the media is
overflowing with news reports of self-driving Googlecars chasing people
through the streets. Skynet has become self-aware.  Next thing you know
there's a 7' tall metal skeleton on your doorstep dropping off your latest
Coco-related gadget and asking about the whereabouts of Sarah Connor.