[Coco] Sdc question

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Tue May 26 02:03:48 EDT 2015

I have my command ALMOST working. Here is the help output.

{N2|04}/DD/SOURCES/SDC:sdc
Usage: sdc /sd0|/sd1 [-|SDC command]

The SDC commands are string formated as follows:

"-"           - list mounted images
"M:filename"  - mount an image
"N:filename"  - create an image
"D:dirname"   - change directory
"L:dirname"   - print directory
"K:dirname"   - make a directory
"X:name"      - delete a file or directory

The SDC also supports a Rename command (R:), however this command is NOT
supported at this time.
ERROR #001

{N2|04}/DD/SOURCES/SDC:

The problem I have is I tried to use the getstt method of communicating with the sdc. It ALMOST works, the only problem I currently have is if there is no sdc disk mounted in either sd0 or sd1 I get an error 246. I am opening /sd0@ or /sd1 at . Does anyone know how I can open the device if there is no disk in it?

To answer your question, I tested the command
sdc /sd0 X:TEMP.DSK
and it deleted the disk image file TEMP.DSK.

Now if I can just get it all to work without any disk mounted…