[Coco] Sdc question

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Mon May 25 10:30:18 EDT 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Barry Nelson wrote:

< snip>

I already have support under NitrOS9 for mounting and displaying a
> directory of the SDC card using the commands sdir, and sdrive. I had to
> patch sdrive to support using the CoCo SDC in slot 4 of my multi-pak, but I
> have it working now. Since internally, sdrive sends these api strings to
> the SDC, I should be able to make sdel, smkdir, and snew commands for
> NitrOS9 also. The sdrive program I patched says it was written by Tim
> Linder. My patch just adds this code to the start of the CmdSetup
> subroutine right after the first instruction in that routine, which is pshs
> x,a.
>
>     lda #$33
>     sta $FF7F
>
> This selects Multi-Pak slot 4.  When I finish I'll probably upload a disk
> to the coco archive, then you'll be able to do what you are asking for from
> NitrOS9 also. :)

Under NitrOS9 your code should be calling the SDC driver to send command
strings to the hardware.  There is a GetStat call that performs this
operation. It also handles the MPI slot selection details so that an SDC
can peacefully coexist with a floppy controller.

- Darren