[Coco] MShell

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu May 14 13:06:34 EDT 2015

MShell.. The version you have is the one you told me you had problems with when I first released it. And yes, there was a problem. It was fixed long ago as well as MANY bugs and is now working pretty well, except it WILL NOT do OS9 to Linux, or Linux to OS9 file transfers. Nor will it do this on a Mac (windows works perfectly). All other functions either work, or are disabled in the menus until finished.

You can get the latest version by just running MShell and using the updater (i think the updater worked in that version), but ONLY if you have DW4 going and your Linux host in currently on the internet. To do this is simple:
Run Mshell
hit 'u' (or click Utils)
hit 'u' again, (or click Update mshell)
follow the prompts.
Once the download is done, quit MShell and restart it.
Done.
There was one release that the updater was broken, and if you have that version or if you do not have DW4 or internet access on the DW4 server, then you can go here:

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/mshell---the-ultimate-os-9-gui

The download link is right under the screenshot

The ability to transfer files from a Linux server to OS9 DOES NOT WORK. There is a problem with the DW4 dir cmd under Linux and Mac, but works perfectly on Windows. This does NOT affect the updater or OS9 to OS9 copies or OS9 to RSDOS copies. Only when copying from the server's HD. In this I mean raw files from the HD, not from dsk or vhd images. Copying from images works perfectly.
There is a workaround for this and I may put it in the next update, but that's pending for now.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com