[Coco] MShell

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu May 14 12:32:19 EDT 2015

Bill;

As I was trying to setup a working c compiler for testing,

I first found that without exception, every .r file I had, had $0000 or
$00000000 ending byte sequences, so I am wondering it its not the linker
that has developed some sort of bitrot/tummy ache?

I have rlink under both names here:
t2|08}/DD:vfy -x c.link
Length of file: $00003944

Module found at offset $00000000 in this file
Header for    : rlink
Header parity : $55 (good)
Module size   : $3944
Edition       : $0A
Ty/La At/Rv   : $11   $81
Program module, 6809 object, Re-enterable, R/O
Exec. off     : $001C
Data Size     : $15BA
Module CRC is : $DED07D (good)

Bytes read    : $00003944

{t2|08}/DD:vfy -x rlink
Length of file: $00003944

Module found at offset $00000000 in this file
Header for    : rlink
Header parity : $55 (good)
Module size   : $3944
Edition       : $0A
Ty/La At/Rv   : $11   $81
Program module, 6809 object, Re-enterable, R/O
Exec. off     : $001C
Data Size     : $17BA
Module CRC is : $A682E8 (good)

Bytes read    : $00003944

But I see that rlink, probably courtesy one of vfy's options, has had its
data size permanently expanded by half a kilobyte.  This may not be what
you have, but that last time I built some c stuff, either pf or cntx(5)
it all Just Worked(TM)

Is this any help at all?

Can I see the vfy output on whatever you are using for the c.asm?

And I have MShell-1.0.2, which may not be the newest, but it trashed
every file copy I attempted, so now I am having to go back over the list
of c stuff I copied & redo it with an overwrite with a cp -o /path /path
But I am out of time, dr's appointment shortly.

Where can I get the latest MShell?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)