[Coco] Questions about the CoCo SDC

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Wed May 6 10:12:52 EDT 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 6:29 AM, Barry Nelson
<barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com> wrote:
>  I was wondering, where can I find some documentation on the CoCo SDC API
> to write software that can select the mounted disk image, select the active rom
> bank, etc? I would love to be able to change the mounted disk from OS9 for instance,
> and I could write that if I had enough information. I am also thinking a small program
> in BASIC might be useful to change the active disk. I could leave it mounted on
> another drive and use it with other DOS's like ADOS3 to be able to change the disk from there.

While Darren has not made the API publicly available, he does give it
to people upon request.

As for OS-9, He's written a low level driver for the SDC. In the 3rd
party/utilities/tlindner folder you'll see I've started an sdir and
sdrive. sdir is pretty much complete, and uses the low level driver.
But sdrive is still talking directly to the hardware.

http://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/code/ci/default/tree/

tim lindner