[Coco] 3d printing

John Strong johnstrong at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 11:39:45 EDT 2015

The XYZ printer that I bought first, failed in less than 30 days, pass refund period at Microcenter, however they allowed me to exchange it for a powerspec 3d pro. (twice the $$) Both "take quite a bit of finessing", which is what I was hoping to avoid when I bought an assembled machine.
I had to add a glass print bed to the powerspec to get wrapping under control.

Expect a steep learning curve.

Currently using FreeCad for design (save often! not bug free).

Makerware to slice and print.

Be aware that even different colors of plastic (same brand and type) may require different printing temperatures.

I'm using PLA plastic to print the CocoSDC cases. ABS warps too much.

My CocoSDC cases take about 6 hours to print.

I bought mine to design and print cases for various electronics and robotics projects.

Haven't made it to any robotics project yet.

John Strong AC8ML

StrongWare