[Coco] NEW NORMAL

camillus camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 00:28:19 EDT 2015

Hi,

"Not sure why you lump emulation in there with collecting though, it's a
completely different kettle of fish."

You have absolutely right, but my point was that, if I buy a FPGA based board I would have more for the money. And I think that is what we all want at the end. I do like collectors and I hope you can fill it up with the items you want, but as you said yourself if you can afford it. And that's exactly my point.

cb

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]
On 7/15/2015 10:39:32 PM, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:
On 16/07/2015 12:54 PM, camillus wrote:

> Maybe I should put it on eBay now, then I can buy me some commodore
> 64, also a vintage computer and close as old as the coco, but still
> around for less then $50, or maybe the new FPGA board with LINUX is
> only $500 and then I can emulate as many old vintage computers for
> which there are cores.

I think you'll find the 'insanity' is across the board with all forms of
retro computing, not just the Coco. Here in Australia, at least, you
won't find a C64 for less than $100 (despite them being relatively
common) and, like the Coco, you'll need to spend more if you want to
actually run software on it.

I have a moderate collection of retro computers and there are still a
few computers that I'd like to round out my collection, but I simply
cannot justify today's asking price for them. Makes me wish I'd been a
more avid collector when they could be had for nix, but hindsight is
always 20/20.

Not sure why you lump emulation in there with collecting though, it's a
completely different kettle of fish.

Regards,