[Coco] NEW NORMAL

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 15 23:38:43 EDT 2015

On 16/07/2015 12:54 PM, camillus wrote:

> Maybe I should put it on eBay now, then I can buy me some commodore
> 64, also a vintage computer and close as old as the coco, but still
> around for less then $50, or maybe the new FPGA board with LINUX is
> only $500 and then I can emulate as many old vintage computers for
> which there are cores.

I think you'll find the 'insanity' is across the board with all forms of
retro computing, not just the Coco. Here in Australia, at least, you
won't find a C64 for less than $100 (despite them being relatively
common) and, like the Coco, you'll need to spend more if you want to
actually run software on it.

I have a moderate collection of retro computers and there are still a
few computers that I'd like to round out my collection, but I simply
cannot justify today's asking price for them. Makes me wish I'd been a
more avid collector when they could be had for nix, but hindsight is
always 20/20.

Not sure why you lump emulation in there with collecting though, it's a
completely different kettle of fish.

Regards,