[Coco] cocosdc info

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Jul 15 15:43:57 EDT 2015

You could do the change from 35 to 40 track default with ADOS (or ADOS-3
for the CoCo 3), either from EPROM or using it from disk.  (Perhaps HDBDOS
or one of the other modified RSDOSes that supports a hard drive also allows
this.)  You have to be a bit careful never to write to a 40-track disk when
using a 35-track DOS, though, or you destroy the part of the GAT associated
with the extra tracks.

The ADOS or ADOS-3 disk also includes a utility (usable under any DOS) that
allows the conversion of an existing 35-track disk to 40-track format
without affecting the data on the disk.

Art