[Coco] [coco} Upgrading a CC3 w OS9 or Nitros9

Thu Jul 2 23:03:28 EDT 2015

It depends on how reliable your SCSI interface is.

I turned my CoCo 3 system off when the Disto controller with the SCSI interface died taking out the 6309 CPU. I swapped in another CoCo 3 and disk controller.

The reliability before that failure had much to be desired and told me it was time to stop.

If you have the memory stick, and it is of the proper type (Ask if you do not know, I may not be able to help) then I would go that route.

But building a cable, installing Java (which may be install already) and Drivewire as a backup / alternate would also be a good idea.

PC's are much more reliable than CoCos.

But then I just had a real scare, just as I had decided that I could switch from XP to W 7 on my active HTPC it would not boot. The next step was to backup W 7 which I did when it finally booted.

Use both belts and suspenders!

SHF