[Coco] [coco} Upgrading a CC3 w OS9 or Nitros9

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Thu Jul 2 22:06:13 EDT 2015

  I have a 512k CC3 that I want to upgrade. I am now using OS9 L2 with
upgrades and I'm thinking of upgrading it to more modern technology for
data storage.
  I'm torn between DriveWire and an adapter to use a memory stick on the
scsi controller I already have.
  To use drivewire, I'm told I need to upgrade to NitrOS9.
  To use a memory stick on my SCSI interface does not.
  To copy/transfer to/from this PC using drivewire requires the use of
this PC all the time.
  To use the memory stick and a SCSI interface requires only the memory
stick adapter.
  It seems a lot simpler to use the memory stick, which can be plugged
into this PC for data transfers/backups.
  So I think the memory stick thing seems simpler and requires little or
no extra software and/or wiring on both computers.

  Am I incorrect?

  What do folks think of doing either one and the
advantages/disadvantages of each?

  George R