[Coco] 'arc' copy command and Stack Overflow (ERROR #207)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Jan 27 10:00:02 EST 2015

> On Jan 27, 2015, at 1:14 AM, Stephen H. Fischer <SFischer1 at Mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> My quick glance at "Copy.asm" says disk full is no longer returned like the original OS-9 "Copy" did.

Surely that has to be an oversight. I will have to try that out and see what happens. (Man, having CoCoSDC makes things like this so easy to test.)

As to tmode, I noticed that too. Even during my days working for Microware on OS-9/68K and the OS-9000 platforms, the official suggestion on how you turn off echo, etc. was to fork "tmode" since the underlying structure might change in the future between major revisions, but the API of the command line would not.

When I ported MiniBanners from RS-DOS to BASIC09, I forked "tmode" to turn off echo. When I run it on NitrOS-9, I keep seeing an error message scattered on my screen:

	Syntax error:   -echo

Was the original tmode supporting "tmode -echo"? I cannot recall, and have not gotten to my source code to look what I did, but I know I wrote this before NitrOS-9 on stock OS-9 L2.

In my CoCo OS-9 assembly and C programs, I did the trick of getting a copy of the options buffer, modifying the bytes needed, and setting it back. Those still work -- the irony of those structures remaining the same for a command changing amuses me.

		-- A