[Coco] 'arc' copy command and Stack Overflow (ERROR #207)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Jan 27 10:04:27 EST 2015

> On Jan 27, 2015, at 6:31 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Personally, I like the newer tmode as it's less typing. It just breaks compatability with programs that 'assume' every user is going to have a certain cmd version in their CMDS folder. I hate software that does this. If you are going to use external cmds, then include them. Don't expect me to conform to your habits.

We all made assumptions... It would not have been legal for me to distribute Microware's "tmode" command with my programs that used it, and it was considered a "best practice" to make use of official commands for things like that rather than going and poking around at system structures that could have changed.

Nice to know MiniBanners is in good company as a program that did it the "right" way and ended up being wrong ;-)

		-- A