[Coco] 'arc' copy command and Stack Overflow (ERROR #207)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 27 06:33:06 EST 2015

On Tuesday 27 January 2015 02:14:31 Stephen H. Fischer did opine
And Gene did reply:
> My quick glance at "Copy.asm" says disk full is no longer returned like
> the original OS-9 "Copy" did.
>
> An the person who did it was:
>
> *  11      2003/01/11  Boisy G. Pitre
> * Added useful options, made more robust.
>
>          nam   Copy
>          ttl   File copy utility
>
> > * Added useful options, made more robust.
>
> and made it incompatible with old programs. Tmode also changed. Is this
> progress?

I do not consider it to be anything but a regression.  Granted, the old
copy depended on shell expansion for what little wild card it could do.
But we've always had cp, which can be scripted.  Or even better, dsave to
drive copy.

> tmode
>
> Syntax:
>  tmode [<path>] [<opts>]
>
> Usage:
>  Displays or changes the operating parameters of the terminal
>
> I now wonder if Colorful SLED is really affected like I said in the
> warning that I cannot remove.
>
> SHF

tmode and xmode have been built from the same source file for quite some
time, one of Boisy's earlier contributions.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)