[Coco] 'arc' copy command and Stack Overflow (ERROR #207)

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:39:26 EST 2015

I'm with you stephen.

I too feel there were too many unnecessary changes; some for the sake of
compatibility with OS-9/68000, but most for no seemingly good reason.

My pet hate is that *someone* decided that all 80 track disks *must* be
3.5" and so all disk images are shipped with the floppy descriptors with
DNS=1 and TYP=21. While this does boot, it will not read 5.25" disks
which were created with DNS=3 TYP=20.

You have two choices: change offset $10 of LSN 0 of all your disks, or
rebuild your os9boot files with modified descriptors.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia