[Coco] 128K EEPROM Cartridge board

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 25 13:46:13 EST 2015

Judging by prices of the PCB in the past (The new layout size is not expected change much so the cost should remain similar) and the cost of the sockets,etc..  I'm looking at keeping the $25 tag I've been making them under.

The whole flashing the EEPROM from the CoCo will take more research and experimentation as I have no experience with that.  That functionality shouldn't change the cost of the board though.

I've had to design PDIP and PLCC32 parts for the 29EE020 in Eagle since I couldn’t find it anywhere.  I checked and they are pin compatible with the 29EE010.  The 29EE010 just lacks the A17 line and is not connected.  This also means that I could easily design an 'adapter' for those that wish to flash these chips from a EEPROM programmer but only have the DIP socket and not the PLCC32 socket.   I've seen such adapters online but they are usually expensive.  I could make one for much cheaper.  Of course if we are flashing from the CoCo it wouldn’t' be needed.

- Chad