[Coco] NitrOS-9 and VDGINT

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Jan 25 04:05:53 EST 2015

> On Jan 25, 2015, at 2:51 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Allen, in VCC you have to run the Becker boot for drivewire access, so that's what I was using.
> On my Coco 3, I used the DW boot.
> I can test the regular floppy boot from Vcc as well, but honestly, these boots are all generated from the same sources and the boot would not be the problem. It would be something in SCF and all the L2 disks use the same files once you get past the boot and kernel. The only difference would be the type of RBF drivers you use for your particular hardware or 6309/6809 builds, but that wouldn't affect this either. I used 6309 on VCC and 6809 on my Coco 3, so that's not it.
> I have not looked at the SDC boot yet as I don't own an sdc so I haven't been interested, so I have no clue what was included in that boot. I may look at it and see if I notice something out of place or missing.

Yeah, I expect if I ran the same VCC it would work the same since it would be 100% identical. I would expect no differences on any emulated system.

Once I get everything done, I'll customize "my" boot and have it all in there like I used to and hopefully it will work. It troubles me that I get different results from different boot disks out of the repository on the same hardware. I really hope my machine isn't dying.

		-- A