[Coco] Building NitrOS-9 on Mac OS X

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Jan 21 11:25:44 EST 2015

> On Jan 21, 2015, at 10:17 AM, tim lindner <tlindner at macmess.org> wrote:
>
> In a previous message I see you mention finding sdir and sdrive. You
> also said sdir gave you an error #214.
>
> I just tried them here on a fresh build and sdir was working for me.
> I've been meaning to finish up these utilities. Including making a
> 'sdcimage' to create disk images.

Yeah, I couldn't get either of them to work for me. I expect it's a Multi-Pak slot issue or something -- not able to access the SDC hardware when it pokes around the FF40 ranges. I'll do more exploring tonight.

> /sd0 and /sd1 uses llcocosdc to talke to the SDC in LBA mode.

Is there a bit in the descriptor for that? I assume the CoCoSDC "boot" module does it's own thing, then once OS-9 takes over, you could run it either LBA mode or floppy emulation mode? Thus, the /sdX descriptors are hard drive descriptors rather than floppy emulation descriptors...?

Very cool.

		-- Allen