[Coco] Building NitrOS-9 on Mac OS X

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Jan 22 02:49:05 EST 2015

Hi Tim,
I just tried the sdir and sdrive commands last night for the first time using the default CocoSDC.dsk image from the repo since the /sdx and /dx problem has been fixed.  I too get error #246 when I run "sdir" and I get nothing when I run "sdrive".  The sdir command says it is accessing the L:*.* drive for all files. I can access my floppy drives just fine.
Since these two commands are obviously working on your coco system, could you detail how your software is setup exactly on your test platform so we can try to see where we all are making some type of error(s) setting up or using the software?
I believe the CocoSDC os9boot file on my system has been modified to access the SuperIDE.  I cannot remember for sure, but if the DW drives were not included, then I have definitely added those drivers and descriptors as well.
I built the NitrOS9 repo on Jan. 16 that I'm currently using, but for testing purposes concerning this matter, I don't mind rebuilding the NitrOS-9 repo again just to make sure everything is right and using the freshly built CocoSDC.dsk and trying the commands again.  Just let me know what you would like me to do to help you figure this out.  Thanks so much for your hard work thus far.  I appreciate it.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com