[Coco] Disto 4-in-1 clock2 with CocoSDC

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Jan 20 23:11:07 EST 2015

Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I have had a look at the source of clock2_disto4.asm and found that it is indeed
> set up to be slot-ready, but it needs to have MPIFlag set to the slot number
> (1-4). Now I'm left wondering where this is set? I have the idea that it should
> be in one of the rules.mak? Would that be correct?
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

Look at the level2/coco3/modules/makefile for example and you will see

CLOCKSMART      = -DRTCSmart=1 -DMPIFlag=1

None of the other clock2 files have the flag set and you would need to adjust
the makefile to suit your preferences.

MPIFlag does seem to be used to indicate the slot holding the RTC. That would
save code but a search routine would be better since you would not need to
recompile if the clock were moved from a default slot#.

Note that clock2_smart.asm does not use MPIFlag even though the makefile does
but always searches through all four slots looking for the RTC.

Robert