[Coco] CoCo 128-column text mode

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Jan 7 11:27:28 EST 2015

Terry Trapp on the Facebook CoCo posted a link to a 1986 newsgroup posting by Kevin Darling which laid out what was known about the CoCo 3 hardware. One of the things noted in it was something I had completely forgotten about -- the 128-column hardware text mode.

I had at least one RS-DOS word processor that used this, and the text would scroll at the end of the screen out to 128 characters. Once I moved to OS-9, I never used it again and just forgot about it.

Was it ever used on anything else? I forgot what used it -- Simply Better, perhaps?

		-- A