[Coco] Can't copy real floppy to CoCo-SDC on a CoCo 2

mike at borncoco.com mike at borncoco.com
Sat Feb 28 05:51:19 EST 2015

Thanks, Darren. I connected a different CoCo 2 this morning and got the same results. So that removed the CoCo 2 as being anything unique. The only remaining variable became the MPI. I have been using an UNMODIFIED MPI (26-3124).

I replaced the MPI with a PAL UPGRADED MPI (26-3024) and I can successfully use "BACKUP 0 TO 1" between a real floppy and an SD card image.

So apparently, this problem is only arising when using an UNMODIFIED MPI. This should shed some light on what may be happening in the code when running the "BACKUP" command.

Cheers,
-Mike Rowen