[Coco] Can't copy real floppy to CoCo-SDC on a CoCo 2

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 10:51:09 EST 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 3:51 AM, wrote:

> Thanks, Darren. I connected a different CoCo 2 this morning and got the
> same results. So that removed the CoCo 2 as being anything unique. The only
> remaining variable became the MPI. I have been using an UNMODIFIED MPI
> (26-3124).
>
> I replaced the MPI with a PAL UPGRADED MPI (26-3024) and I can
> successfully use "BACKUP 0 TO 1" between a real floppy and an SD card image.
>
> So apparently, this problem is only arising when using an UNMODIFIED MPI.
> This should shed some light on what may be happening in the code when
> running the "BACKUP" command.

I just tried using an unmodified 26-3124 MPI with a 16K CoCo 2 and a 64K
CoCo 2. There were no problems using BACKUP 0 TO 1 to copy from an FD-501
floppy (slot 4) to the SD card (slot 1).

You have identified your MPI as being the problem, but I don't think it's
the UNMODIFIED status at issue. There is something else wonky about that
MPI but it's not clear to me what it could be.

- Darren