[Coco] Can't copy real floppy to CoCo-SDC on a CoCo 2

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 20:13:23 EST 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:41 PM, wrote:

> I re-flashed both the MCU and SDC-DOS. No dice. I still cannot use BACKUP
> between real floppies and CoCo-SDC on my CoCo 2. I'm stumped as to why.
>
> DRIVE 0,OFF
> DRIVE 1,OFF
> BACKUP 0 TO 1
>
> This runs successfully, but after the backup, SDC-DOS isn't there. The
> DRIVE command generates an "?SN ERROR". I also tried a backup from floppy 0
> to an SD image mounted to drive 1. When I run this, it actually tries to
> write to floppy 1. Something isn't correct here. Any ideas Darren? I have
> two SDCs and they work OK in my CoCo 3, but they both have this issue in my
> CoCo 2. Its a puzzle.

So you have tried two different CoCo SDCs and re-flashed the firmware /
SDC-DOS and still experience the problem on your CoCo2, although it works
fine on your CoCo 3?  My suspicion is that there is something unusual about
that CoCo 2.

I will have to setup a CC2 system this weekend and see if I can reproduce
the behavior.

- Darren