[Coco] Multi Pack Replacement

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Mon Feb 23 00:47:08 EST 2015

On 2/22/2015 11:36 PM, Camillus Blockx wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I want to design the pcb's myself after an 8 slot MPI schematic that
> was available on the archive and proved to work.
My understanding is that the 8 clot design does not correctly handle SLENB

> Would it be possible to have ONE CPLD/FPGA that gives us a floppy and
> hdd (ide/scsi) controller. Is this possible or to far fetched?
The problem is IO pins.  Assuming a simple IDE interface, CPLD would
otherwise work, but it takes almost 50 pins to do a 4 port MPI CPLD
solution, and that leaves no pins for anything else.  FPGAs have more
pins, but they are more expensive.
> I was hoping that the ones who have any interest would contact me and
> see if can agree on building just one project. I will go one with mine
> anyway, but maybe more people are interested in having a box that
> allows to connect there coco on top of it and all the I/O is there.
> Power up and ready. My idea is simple to reduce clutter and safe
> space. And maybe just maybe, the misses let's us then put oure coco
> back in the living eraa...lol
The problem with your current design is that it's so ambitious.  8
slots, tons of embedded functionality, it's hard to get comfortable with
the sheer amount of complexity.

> Interested ones pls contact me of list on my Email, strongly encrypted
> for saety reason ...LOL

Well, I contacted you in both places.

Jim