[Coco] Multi Pack Replacement

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 23 01:08:48 EST 2015

On 23/02/2015 4:47 PM, RETRO Innovations wrote:

> The problem with your current design is that it's so ambitious.  8
> slots, tons of embedded functionality, it's hard to get comfortable with
> the sheer amount of complexity.

It does sound like an expensive design for the functionality you get. As
Jim mentioned, you have more-than-modest I/O requirements.

Also questioning why you'd need four physical ports once you've got the
floppy and HDC on board... most/all ROMPAK's can be loaded from disk/SDC
so I see the usefulness only for non-ROM/proprietary/tinkerer PCB's of
which you'd only need one or two!?!

Regards,