[Coco] DW and 6551

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:07:32 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Joe Grubbs <jsgrubbs at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Just now catching up with the thread.
>
> So from the way it sounds, the 6551 is probably reliable enough as long as I'm not hammering it with multiple telnet sessions and/or extremely high speed?
>
> The whole reason I was entertaining the idea was to give the CPU a bit of a breather, but also to free up the bit-banger port for a native connection to one of my printers. Seems silly I know since the only things I print are the occasional IMAX movie tickets and coupons for Smoothie King--both of which I do from my ink jet anyway :P

FWIW, you can print over the DW link.  I actually started working on
DW because I wanted to use the bitbanger for other stuff but also
wanted to use Drivewire, so I've tried to add back all the uses it
interrupts.  Printing to a text file was part of the protocol before I
got involved.  I added emulated dot matrix output for that authentic,
ugly experience.