[Coco] DW and 6551

Joe Grubbs jsgrubbs at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:52:58 EST 2015

Just now catching up with the thread.

So from the way it sounds, the 6551 is probably reliable enough as long as I'm not hammering it with multiple telnet sessions and/or extremely high speed?

The whole reason I was entertaining the idea was to give the CPU a bit of a breather, but also to free up the bit-banger port for a native connection to one of my printers. Seems silly I know since the only things I print are the occasional IMAX movie tickets and coupons for Smoothie King--both of which I do from my ink jet anyway :P

If there's going to be a new and improved RS232 Pak, count me in!