[Coco] SDC oddness

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 11:19:42 EST 2015

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015, Zippster wrote:

> They fit very well in a variety of 1/2/3’s I have here, some are tighter
> than others though.

Ok, three points:

1. I'm not complaining about Tim's cases.  I think they're a nice product
and have purchased three of them.

2. I'm not referring to the width of the case.  The only fit issue I've
noticed is that the hole location puts the edge connector about 1/4"
further out of the case than, e.g. a small Tandy FDC PCB would be.  The
result is that the "feet" of the case do not touch the bottom of the slot,
which allows the SDC to rock a bit.

3. The underlying issue is that the SDC board doesn't have a "Tandy"
standard spacing between the tip of the edge connector and the PCB center
hole.  So, if Tim relocated the holes in the case design it would put
other boards that follow the "standard" (such as it is) too far in.

Maybe it's possible to change the SDC board design?  Not sure what the
best all around answer is.

I'm sending Tim and Zippster a couple of pictures to illustrate.

Not a huge issue either way.

Steve