[Coco] SDC oddness

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 10:33:30 EST 2015

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015, Zippster wrote:

> My guess would be either somewhat poor contact in the card slot (most
> likely), or flash socket (much less likely).

> Is the SDC in a case?  It really helps keep the contacts in place when
> plugged in. You could place (wedge) something underneath it in the cart
> port to keep it aligned and see if that helps.

Yes, it is in one of Tim's nice plexi cases.  Unfortunately, the PCB mount
arrangement allows the SDC edge connector to extend about 1/4" too far
from the case.  The "legs" of the case are then too short to stabilize it
in the expansion slot.  If there's ever another run of these made, it
would be good to change that.

I'll try wedging something in there.

Steve