[Coco] SS/C drivers for NitrOS9

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 6 15:16:24 EST 2015

On 7/02/2015 6:05 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> The music in the Sierra games is software mixed wavetable sound such as Musica, Music+, and Bells&Whistles2. The SS pack does not accept this type of data and could not be used as such.

Wavetable? I assume you are talking about versions for other computers
with a sound card or chip.

The CoCo sound in the Sierra games sounds just like software generated
square wave notes (Apple II style), no wavetable at all.

Here's a challenge for a competant OS-9 guru. Patch the call and add a
S/SC routine or even a better CoCo DAC playback routine. I assume,
patching 1 game may mean that the remaining games can be patched in a
similar fashion?

At the very least, patch in the ability to abort the title tune and
start the game on user request!   :)

Nick