[Coco] SS/C drivers for NitrOS9

Guillaume Major gmajor at videotron.ca
Fri Feb 6 18:25:54 EST 2015

> I too found the music in the beginning of the Sierra game ports to be
> annying as you cannot start the game until it stops and some are rather
> long.
> The thing to do would be to go into the sources and "nop" the calls to
> play the music then assemble them.
> Since the sources are in the NitrOS9 repo, this could easily be done to
> one's own custom build of the repo.
>

> Bill Pierce
> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens

I fixed this issue a while ago. I modified the scripts to add a delay before
playing the music at the start of every game to let the user skip the intro
or restore a saved game. The latest version of the Sierra games can be
downloaded from the TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
(www.colorcomputerarchive.com).

I just tried the Sierra games from the Nitros-9 repository nightly build and
realized they have not been updated in a long time. I will update the
Nitros-9 repository with the latest data files to include my changes when
the disks are built from the source.

Also, sound can be completely disabled by adding the "-m" argument when
starting the game and it can be turned off in game by pressing "2" or "F2".

Guillaume