[Coco] [OT} OS-9 on Raspberry Pi

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Feb 3 20:48:51 EST 2015

> On Feb 3, 2015, at 7:30 PM, nickma2 at optusnet.com.au wrote:
>
> So many Linux and Mac users bag Windows saying it crashes all the time
> unlike their OS but they negate to mention that Windows works across
> many PC configurations and runs so many programs that have spanned
> over a long time through several generations of Windows (even DOS)

As always, your milage may vary. I think some of us use computer harder than you may. Hopefully, if you just stick to primary programs and don’t really do much beyond that, it should be fine.

But for me, sadly, Windows is the bane of my existence every October. We use it at a local haunted house attraction for playing audio and controlling DMX lights (RS232 USB thing) and … man … so many crashes. Probably a bad USB serial driver, or crappy software, or whatever, but … let’s just say the system doesn’t handle it gracefully like a Unix would.

> It's amazing that it works as well as it does.

Totally true.

> Does Linux or MAc offer the same amount of support and diversity?

I wonder about Linux. We know Macs are rock solid because Apple controls the hardware so everything is designed and tweaked to work together.

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sub-Etha Software - http://www.subethasoftware.com - Established 1990!

P.S. Since 4/15/14, I have earned OVER $600  in Amazon gift cards via Swagbucks! Use my link and I get credit:
http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman