[Coco] Full Midi Synthesizer on a CoCo

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:58:29 EST 2015

As someone already mentioned, I believe the best answer probably lies with a microcontroller interface.  We already see a Atmega Microntroller feeding the CoCo SD card data as in the "CoCoSDC"  There have been other Coco Projects involving these controllers too.

Take this project that has video demonstration of a Arduino (i.e. Atmega Microcontroller) working a 4-voice WAVETABLE MIDI audio system.  If you started with something like this ...

http://tinyurl.com/7m9a58h

It would just be a matter of figuring out how to have it get it's commands and data from the CoCo on a custom cartridge PCB.  Seems very doable to me.  As I'm a big music fan and used to be BIGG time in the old .MOD and .ST3 (ScreamTracker) PC sound formats, which was kinda sorta a simulated wavetable in some regards, I would love to take a stab at this myself and work on one.  However I've already got unfinished projects all over the place :/