[Coco] Full Midi Synthesizer on a CoCo

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Feb 3 20:45:15 EST 2015

> On Feb 3, 2015, at 6:58 PM, Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> As someone already mentioned, I believe the best answer probably lies with a microcontroller interface.  We already see a Atmega Microntroller feeding the CoCo SD card data as in the "CoCoSDC"  There have been other Coco Projects involving these controllers too.
>
> Take this project that has video demonstration of a Arduino (i.e. Atmega Microcontroller) working a 4-voice WAVETABLE MIDI audio system.  If you started with something like this ...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7m9a58h <http://tinyurl.com/7m9a58h>

Wow. That’s a really cool sounding thing — all done with the Arduino CPU. Yep, once we get an Arduino mapped in, all kinds of things are possible :)

It would be cool if the mapping mechanism was programmable so it could appear at different addresses. Want it to be an RS232 pack?Want it to appear where the SPeech/Sound Pak was? Or Orch-90? That would be the ultimate in flexible.

		— A