[Coco] Is there a string library for basic09?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 08:09:47 EST 2015

You're going to run into a lot of trouble interfacing C to Basic09,.. Not saying it can't be done, just that it's very limited. Only one variable (or is it 2?) can be passed unless you get tricky.
There's code in the C manual for interfacing to Basic09 to use as an example.
Also know that strings in C are a trick in themselves. There's no "normal" string functions as you know them in Basic. All string manipulation is "low level". In writing my various projects in C,which rely heavily on vast string arrays, I've leaned my way around a lot of the thigs. It's all there, just not in the manner you expect it to be.
I think I have seen one string library in OS9 C that creates standard Basic commands, but where it is, I couldn't tell ya.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com