[Coco] Is there a string library for basic09?

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 2 05:32:57 EST 2015

I've been thinking that Basic09 has some deficiencies and have narrowed it
down to incomplete string handling commands - in my opinion.  No Mid string
command, no Hex string command, etc. But since I am planning on learning C
on the Coco, and C seems to be THE language in which to implement a string
library for Basic09, I figure I'll give it a shot.

But I don't want to reinvent the wheel... especially since my wheel is
probably going to be less than perfectly round at first.  So I have to ask
if there is already a string library out there for basic09?  I've looked,
but there is stuff buried in those archives that could be a string library
for basic09 and I'd never know.

There are a lot of C string libraries out there on the 'net, so porting one
to the Coco is a real possibility and will probably produce the best
results.

Thanks