[Coco] Coco as an alternative to Windows/Linux/Mac for basic application usage

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Aug 29 01:17:55 EDT 2015

> On Aug 28, 2015, at 17:20, Ron <ron at kdomain.org> wrote:
>
> With this is mind, is there any possibility of TCP/IP networking? Basic emailing, IM'ing or better yet - MUD's!!  :)

That seems hard for me to imagine, but I think I've heard recently on one of the podcasts about somebody achieving native TCP/IP support on the Apple II. So, maybe it's possible? I'll be quite in awe of anybody who manages to pull off usable TCP/IP on a <1MHz 6809!

You also have the option of cheating by handling the TCP/IP part on external commodity hardware. For example, the ESP8266 WiFi modules that many have been excited about recently handle the TCP/IP themselves, presenting something close to a Hayes modem interface to the host computer.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/