[Coco] Mechanical keyboard upgrades for the CoCo

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 20:30:00 EDT 2015

Yes, there are 4 unused spots on the COCO 1 & 2 keyboards. The Coco 3 filled thosed spots with Cntrl, Alt, F1 & F2.
The Coco 3 does not actually use those keys in RSDOS, but OS9 L2 is unusable without them.
I think there were "alternate" DOSs for Disk Basic that would use the keys, but they were never "officially" supported by Tandy. The Coco 3 was designed with OS9 L2 in mind and hence the extra keys.

A Coco 3 keyboard will work in a Coco 1 or 2 with NO problems, though the Coco 1 needs an adapter as it has a different connector (easy fix).

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com