[Coco] Mechanical keyboard upgrades for the CoCo

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Wed Aug 26 20:19:48 EDT 2015

> On Aug 26, 2015, at 17:14 , Mark J. Blair <nf6x at nf6x.net> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 26, 2015, at 16:53 , camillus <camillus.b.58 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> HI,
>>
>> I like the coco3 style too but why not adding the 3 open matrix spaces with CTRL, F3,F4 keys?
>>
>> They would do nothing when ROM routines are used, unless patching the rom. I can think of good use for those keys, with software patch or rom patch.
>

> I'm confused. I thought that the CoCo3 layout already filled the whole scan matrix? If there are more empty spots in the matrix, then yes, might as well fill them. Off to dig up CoCo 3 schematics...

Ok, I remembered correctly. There are 56 matrix points (7 x 8), and the CoCo 3 keyboard fills the full matrix:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nruzyg33vwpny4/CoCo3KeyboardMatrix.png?dl=0

Both of the proposed keyboard layouts I shared fill the whole matrix with 57 keys; the two shift keys are connected in parallel, and can't be distinguished from each other.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/