[Coco] networking

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Thu Apr 16 14:12:32 EDT 2015

On Apr 16, 2015, at 9:56 AM, Aaron Wolfe <aawolfe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hosted a BBS on a CoCo as an experiment and demo about 4-5 years
> ago.  Several people from this list connected and got a taste of the
> good old days.  Beyond a few minutes of nostalgia there was little
> interest so I shut it down after a month or so.

Same thing with the BBS I was running on my IIgs for about a year. People would connect, poke around, and not really do much. I finally transitioned it off the IIgs and now have it running on Synchronet on a Linux box. I think it’s one of the few that still offer real modem dialup though, in addition to telnet and web access.

http://bbs.fozztexx.com <http://bbs.fozztexx.com/>

I haven’t had a chance yet to go through all the menus and configs and get things working for 32 column or 40 column access, and it’s filled with all kinds of ANSI menus right now. :-/

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com