[Coco] Printing from DW

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 27 16:01:35 EDT 2014

On 28/10/2014 5:49 AM, Al Hartman wrote:
> See, people keep saying that, but it doesn't make my disk collection
> (in the 100's) of floppies go away.
>
> Speak for yourself, and I'll speak for me.
>
> I ordered two CocoSDC's to play with. But I will be primarily using
> Floppies for the foreseeable future. It's just easier for my feeble
> old brain to grasp. And it's how the system was designed.

I understand what your saying but once all your floppies are transferred
to DSK, you'd be surprised how much easier it is to access all your files.

They can be stored on your PC/MAC with descriptive filenames and
organised in labelled folders. Then it's a case of point and click with
a mouse to mount the desired disk into Drivewire.

It means ALL your disks can be backed up very quickly and store multiple
backups in different locations. It also means that all your files are
available for use from an emulator (MESS or VCC) as well.

With an emulator on a laptop, you have a portable CoCo along with ALL
your disks.

The CoCoSDC Cartridge allows you to fit ALL your disks on the cartridge
and run everything from a real CoCo... no bulky disk drives, multipaks
and power supplies. And if you need to move to another CoCo, just unplug
the compact cartridge and plug in to the other CoCo and everything is
there again instantly.

You can even have an OS-9 "hard drive" system with all files.

Gee, I'm starting to sound like a salesman for CoCoSDC and Drivewire!   :)

Nick