[Coco] Printing from DW

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 15:57:43 EDT 2014

I can see both points.  If the point was simply modern functionality, why mess around
with the old hardware in the first place.  Just buy a boring, run of the mill pc from walmart and run
emulators.

I find mixing the old and new to be probably the most interesting aspect, hardware wise.
SD cards, usb ports, wireless adapters on old 8-bits, etc.
Recreating the old can also be fun, and educational…

I kind of like the wireless replacement for the serial connection to Drivewire idea.
Has anyone done anything like this already?

What about connecting the module Tim linked earlier to the serial port on the CoCo
using the onboard microcontroller to make the module appear as a
standard serial cable?  Then no support changes are needed on the CoCo side,
and the rest of the connection could be supported from the Drivewire end.

- Ed