[Coco] vcc and WIDTH command when using HDB-DOS

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Oct 25 19:09:12 EDT 2014

didier derny wrote:
> It's newbie question, I'm just starting with the coco..
>
> I've just found the rom in vcc distribution
>
><snip>

didier,

You main problem is that you don't know how or are not correctly describing how
VCC should be used. Read the .pfd that comes with the program.

1) You can't mount ROM or CART images in the VCC Cartridge panel. You can only
mount .dll files:fd502.dll, harddisk.dll, mpi.dll, orch90.dll
2) A basic VCC disk system requires mounting fd502.dll in Cartridge, and setting
FD-502 config for Disk Basic. There should not be any problem using the WIDTH
commands.
3) If you now set FD-502 config for external ROM and mount hdbdw3bc3.rom, you
will have DriveWire support. Again the WIDTH commands should work.

If you use the mpi.dll in Cartridge, then the other .dll get mounted in the mpi
slots.

Robert