[Coco] vcc and WIDTH command when using HDB-DOS

didier derny didier at aida.org
Sat Oct 25 17:56:47 EDT 2014

It's newbie question, I'm just starting with the coco..

I've just found the rom in vcc distribution

With this rom I got it to work correctly in one case
And not in the second case

I don’t have a multipack with my real coco  (coco2/coco3)
So in vcc I did:
- eject cart mpi
- Load Cart [with hbdos rom]

In that case WIDTH fails

If do: FD502 Config / External Rom Image  (set the path to the rom)
In that case WIDTH works

I also tried:
- eject cart mpi
- load cart [with fd502]
- configure rom in fd502 config

WIDTH 4O or 80 also works

I was trying to configure VCC to something similar to my real hardware
[bare coco2 / coco3 with just a cartridge containing hbdos rom]

Btw: I love the coco, and I'm slowly progressing...
     I started with Basic + dos
     I'll try OS9 later
     I would like to try flex too (not sure flex works with drivewire)

Thanks to all for your advices