[Coco] vcc and WIDTH command when using HDB-DOS

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Oct 25 17:36:24 EDT 2014

On 26/10/2014 7:18 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> Didier, there are already roms in the Vcc directory if you downloaded Vcc1.4.3b. There's no need to use the roms from Cloud9. Those are old and un-updated. The ones in Vcc are newer,, and the ones from ToolShed are even newer.
> You should find 2 roms in the Vcc package...
> hdbdw4bc3.rom - This is the normal hdbdos Coco3/Becker rom
> hdbdw3bck.rom - This is the hdbdos Coco 3 rom without the speedup poke for playing Coco2/clock based games

Poor Didier is having so many problems.

Now that there are so many versions of things as we try to make
everything work under every possible combination of hardware and
software setup (and this keeps growing), should there be a better
documented download site for making it easier for the not-so-expert-user
to find what he needs?

I must admit, I look at all the versions of files and I get confused. I
have to resort to trying something and if that doesn't work, try my next
best educated guess. It all seems to get so unnessarily complex.

Then again, I'm a stickler of the "keep it simple"  ideaology (or I'm
exceedingly dumb!).    :)

Nick