[Coco] Plague to DW users ?

Salvador Garcia ssalvadorgarcia at netscape.net
Wed Oct 22 20:29:06 EDT 2014

Just wow! Not supporting counterfeiting, but the referenced article mentions that the work-alikes are vastly different on the inside, so these are not technically "clones". "Counterfeit" could apply if these work-alikes are being sold as if they were the real deal. Still, to brick someone's PC just because of these chips is just wrong. As the article also says, lots of people don't know that they have these chips and frankly, I suspect that most don't care. I never really thought about the origins of my computer's. Components. Right now I have a Mini ITX server that is bricked because the motherboard's manufacturer used cheap capacitors and a few inflated. I have not been able to repair that PC (admitting that I really have not given it the attention that it deserves). . Salvador